What is a Buyer’s Agent?
Agency relationships in Texas have been changing to help provide Buyers better service. As your Buyer’s Representative, I work specifically for YOU, providing local community information and researching the details associated with your home buying transaction from start to finish.
I DO NOT work both sides of the table in a Buyer/Seller transaction. YOUR interests, as my Buyer, are at the forefront of the transaction and I take to heart, my role as your advocate. I have great respect for my clients desiring the highest quality of service. Any information you share with me is completely confidential and will not be revealed to the Seller or the Seller’s agent unless authorized by you.
Types of Property for Buyer Representation:
Homes/Townhomes/Condos - Resale - New Construction Second/Vacation Homes
Investment Properties - Farm and Ranch - Lots/Acreage
The Process PRIOR to Acceptance of an Offer:
- Lender/Mortgage Referrals – This is the 1st step in the process. If you don’t already have one, I can refer you to lenders who have proven competent in their area of expertise. You will need to be pre-qualified so that you know the size of mortgage you can obtain and therefore not waste time looking at homes you cannot comfortably afford. A “Letter of Pre-Qualification” will be required at the time of your offer on a property.
- Criteria & Features – Through a thorough discussion, we’ll determine your criteria to define what “life-style” features you are looking for in a home and/or neighborhood – What you are specifically looking for (i.e. Number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, neighborhood or part of town or school district, etc.) I’ll research the available inventory for properties that meet your requirements. I may also set you up on my Automatic Email Notification System to send you available properties meeting your specific criteria AS THEY COME ONTO THE MARKET. You will be among the first to know when a property meeting your needs is listed with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS - HAR).
- Private Showings – Once you have determined which properties might work for you, I’ll set up appointments and accompany you on a private viewing to find the one that most suits your needs.
- Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) – I’ll pull up recent home sales in the area to see how well the property is priced so that you can make an educated decision and REALISTIC OFFER.
- Document Preparation - I’ll prepare all documents in the Purchase Agreement (i.e. Contract, Addendums, Notices, etc.) pertaining to your offer for your signatures and deliver your offer to the Seller’s agent, enhancing your offer in the most favorable position for submission.
- Contract Negotiations – Negotiations will be conducted until you and the Seller have agreed upon a Sales Price, Home Warranty Services, Option Period and any other details of your offer. I will provide you with strategic advice and counsel regarding counter offers and all negotiations.
The Process AFTER Acceptance of Your Offer:
- Open Title –After all signatures have been obtained by both parties (Execution of the Contract), I’ll insure that the documents have been submitted to the Title Company along with your Earnest Money check. I’ll also deliver your Option Fee check to the Seller. Your Option Period will begin the day following the date of Execution.
- Other Referrals – During the buying process, you may be asked to choose specific service providers such as a Home Warranty Company, Inspectors (i.e. General Inspector, Structural Inspector, Termite and Wood Destroying Insect Inspector, Septic Inspector, etc.). I will be happy to provide you with referrals.
- Option Period – You will want to hire and schedule a thorough home inspection at a time convenient for you to be present. Inspections are paid for at the time of service and should be conducted at the very beginning of the Option Period to enable you enough time to consider any needed repairs. If you decide the home has more repairs needed than you were expecting, or if you decide that this may not be the home for you, you may cancel your contract DURING THE OPTION PERIOD and receive your Earnest Money back. Canceling the contract AFTER the Option Period will cause you to forfeit your Earnest Money.
- Re-negotiate for Repairs (As Needed) – I will provide you with strategic advice and counsel regarding repairs.
- Time Sensitive Materials – I will keep you informed of the status of the transaction as it progresses and track any time-sensitive issues to be addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the Loan Process – Once your offer has been accepted, I’ll monitor the loan process with you to avoid any bumps along the way. You will want to make sure you choose a lender you have complete confidence in and one you can contact at any time. It is imperative that the lender receives any and all requested documents and information from you in a timely manner, in order for you to close on your home on or before the date stated in the contract.
- HUD (Closing Statement) – We’ll review the Closing Statement provided by the title company and address any concerns.
- Property Transfer – I’ll coordinate the transfer of keys, garage door openers, etc. called for in the Purchase Agreement. I’ll also provide you with telephone numbers for setting up local utility services when requested.
- In addition to personal service, I’ll strive to keep communication lines open and the paperwork process moving to help insure your buying process flows as smoothly as possible. I will always be available to you and have a working partner who is also committed to ensuring your transaction proceeds as expected.
After all, the smallest details make the biggest difference!
As you consider how and when you will begin the process of purchasing Real Estate, I’ll strive to rise to the occasion and exceed your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!